pink heart with wings
°•·.·´¯`·.·• °DaNcE FiRsT. ThInK LaTeR, It's The NaTuRal OrDeR... ° •·.·´¯`·.·• °

~Samuel Beckett

Thursday, March 27, 2008

El saucito

Hello0o0!
One of the most interesting experiences I had recently was a visit to a graveyard. Let me explain this adventure to you...





I visited the city of San Luis Potosí with my family last August. My mom's ancestors lived there all their lives. They are all dead... and some of them are burried in a graveyard in this city. The name of this place is "El Saucito".


This graveyard is so old that most graves there are from the last 2 centuries! My mom wanted to find the grave of my great-great grandparents. We had never been there before, so it wasn't an easy job. Besides, the grave hadn't been visited in many years.




When we arrived, we had to ask for some help. We told the man in charge who we were looking for. My great-great grandparents died in 1933. They looked for the information in a veeeeeeery old book, and they told us the area in which they were burried.




My family and I began to look for it, and as I told you, it wasn't easy. We had to walk and look for the correct block. While we looked we saw many graves, some of them were spooky, others were so old, that they were collapsing, and others were very elegant, well, it was something I had never seen before.



After 1 hour and a half of walking and looking, we found the grave. It was hidden...almost covered with grass and weed. We had it cleaned, we bought some flowers and it looked better.






Eventhough it was daylight, it was a creepy adventure...








c ya next post!

No comments:

Great dancers are not great because of thier technique, they are great because of thier passion...