pink heart with wings
°•·.·´¯`·.·• °DaNcE FiRsT. ThInK LaTeR, It's The NaTuRal OrDeR... ° •·.·´¯`·.·• °

~Samuel Beckett

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Book report...=)

Hello0o0o0 again=)

I'm here today to write about a book I liked a lot,it's name is Ode to billy joe by Herman Raucher, or in spanish:"Sublime amor juvenil". Actually, this is my favorite book. The first time I read it was 2 years ago, and I really loved it. I've read it like 4 times.


The story takes place in 1950, in a town called Webb, ubicated in the Tallahatchie country, Mississippi. Bobby Lee Hartley is a 15-year old girl that is in love with Billy Joe McAllister, who loves her too. They see each other in secret, because her parents think she's too young to be in love. Everybody in town starts to talk about their secret romance whan a girl in town saw them together.




They make plans to run away together, but one day Bobby Lee recieves terrible news: her love: Billy Joe had jumped from the Tallahatchie bridge and killed himself. He had been raped by an unnamed man at a party, and he was unconscious. Before his death he went to see Bobby Lee and confessed her the truth. He felt guilty, and jumped from the bridge...


She ran away, and returned years later to Webb, where she lived the rest of her life...


I really liked this book because it's a real life story. This romance did happen! and this bridge does exist! I'll recommend this book to romantic people who like love stories.
When I was reading the part when she knows he's death, I was crying....jajaja, I'm a cry baby...I know...=)


That's everything for today... c ya next post...=)


No comments:

Great dancers are not great because of thier technique, they are great because of thier passion...